thoughts shaped by people, places, and experience

T. S. Eliot

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

1.16.2010

Goodbye, Hello

My first experience with teams coming to the project was fantastic! On Monday we had a team of 37 high schoolers come and work construction and put on a VBS for the children in the daycare. Then on Tuesday the team from Grace Community Chapel in New Jersey arrived. They left this afternoon to return home. I must say I enjoyed every minute of them being here! They were a huge blessing to everyone they met here at the project. They were constantly serving us and reaching out to us here- they wanted to know our stories and get to know us. They redeemed the time and made the most of every opportunity here. And they were funny. It's been a long time since I've laughed so much in one week :)

It's so strange and wonderful to stay outside the airport and bid adieu to those heading back to the states. I really like the feeling! There will be times, I am sure, when I'm tempted to hop on the plane with them. But I have put my hand to the plow and I won't look back.

Although God taught me many things this week, I would say that the thing I enjoyed most was watching Him weave all these insane stories together. I love watching Him at work. I've been in awe of his power and his mysterious ways ever since coming to Costa Rica. The team we worked with this week were all Korean (minus one of Vietnamese descent), but they've all managed to come together in the unity that Christ brings. So somehow they hear about this project in Costa Rica that grabs their attention. They travel down from the East Coast and meet the wonderful Tico people and all the children that need someone to love them. Plus, they're working alongside other Americans, who come from the south, midwest, and the north, and say funny things like, "ya'll." I'm amazed at the unity that the gospel brings. We had the best time working construction, loving on the kids, and encouraging each other this week.

And so, I look forward to a weekend of rest and preparation for the upcoming week. Maybe I'll have more time to write and give you a better update :) Oh, and finally take some pictures. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to that, and I apologize. You have every right to be frustrated by my lack of photographs, but fear not! I will soon remedy this situation.

Thanks for following!

For I am God, and there is no other,
I am God, and there is none like me,
Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things not yet done,
Saying, "My counsel shall stand,
And I will accomplish my purpose."
Isaiah 46:9-10

7 comments:

  1. A Dios sea la honra y la gloria! I do not blame you a bit for your lack of pictures. I really struggled with that in India. Enjoy your time there! Praying with you for a whole bunch of HIS increasing and our decreasing. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Rachel Thanks so much for writing this blog... I stayed home from church to today with Blair (she is sick). I have been able to spend some time this morning getting to praying for you and the ministry God has allowed you to be a part of, what a blessing, so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel! thanks for being such a blessing to us. you were so helpful with everything, keep doin what you're doin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love hearing about your ministry, girlfriend! God is so good and you are a testimony to His grace. Praying for you this morning as I read this. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great perspective Rachel - It must be a strange feeling being the one who stays. Just remember: we're holding your spot right here in LR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're words are far too kind. All we did was get humbled, be served, and blessed by all of ya'll. We're all praying for you. And we're all working together for God's kingdom, in whatever capacity He allows us to! So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love you. i'm praying. :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Little Rock, AR, United States
I want to learn how to love as I have been loved.

Followers