thoughts shaped by people, places, and experience

T. S. Eliot

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

2.10.2010

Adoption

For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

Romans 8:15, 23

Some of my favorites here in the albergues (well- they’re all my favorites ☺) are going to be adopted this week, Lord willing. This is a huge victory in the battle for these children, who used to be abused and abandoned! These two in particular are a brother (age 2) and a sister (4). As they are going forth from this lovely, secure home, we are praying that their transition will be smooth and that they will never forget the gospel they have heard here, or the love they have known here. Although I am happy for these two, I am sad to see them go. In these few weeks here, I have become very attached to them. I think Jon Foreman is right- “If it doesn’t break your heart, it isn’t love/ No, if it doesn’t break your heart, it’s not enough.”

Adoption is truly a miracle. My heavenly Father loved me while I was his enemy, while I was the prodigal running away from home. Now I, like these two children, have the Spirit of adoption in my heart. I have the guarantee that my father is coming for me, and one day I shall see him and know him fully, just as I am fully known.

Oh I am so super excited about seeing my friend from the states here on Friday! Ya’ll pray that the snow lets up in LR so that Stephanie can make it down here. We have a team from my home state, Florida, coming tomorrow. I’ll let you guys know how their time here goes!

Much love to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Little Rock, AR, United States
I want to learn how to love as I have been loved.

Followers