thoughts shaped by people, places, and experience

T. S. Eliot

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

2.16.2010

Christmas in February

Well! Abby and I were privileged to have our friend Stephanie come down to visit for the weekend. She brought us all sorts of goodies in her bag, pictures from our families, books, and even some Valentines day chocolate from Mrs. Dietrich! It was like having Christmas in February. We also received some gifts from our dear friends the McMurrys. I think that the best part was, by far, the notes that we received from my family and the kids in our youth group and various people in the church that wrote and encouraged us. Your words are like gold!

Anyways, this is a thank you note on my blog for all those who wrote and made my day ☺ I love you all and I couldn’t be here without your support.

Things have been rather insanely busy recently, which explains my lack of posting. A team from my home state, Florida, just left today. They were from a private Christian high school. I had fun getting to know them and working alongside them. We got to go white water rafting with them on Saturday on the Pacuare River. I stole a picture from the internet to show you how beautiful it was! We stopped in this part of the river and got out to swim under the waterfalls. I love being here and seeing God's creativity and beauty through the country.



This is some of our family that we're living with! Don Herberth and his daughter Rebecca are next to me, and Dona Nuria is standing next to Abby. They are absolutely wonderful people. They have hearts of gold. (hmm... I see a recurring theme in this post..)



We are planning our trip to Panama, which is coming up soon! We have to leave the country for 72 hours to renew our visas. I am super excited abut traveling and seeing the canal and all that. In fact, I am even looking forward to the 18 hour bus ride... ignorance of such an experience is bliss :)

Well, I shall keep you all posted on upcoming events. Thanks upon thanks for your encouragement. I see the goodness and faithfulness of God through all of your prayers and support.

The earth is full of the lovingkindness of the Lord. Psalm 33.5

1 comment:

  1. Panama should be a cool place to see. I hear the mosquitos are about the size of watermelons. Been thinking and praying about/for you every day. Be a friend to Abby and be a teacher to those who don't know Christ! Just be Rachel.

    2 Thes 3.5 May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Little Rock, AR, United States
I want to learn how to love as I have been loved.

Followers