thoughts shaped by people, places, and experience

T. S. Eliot

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

4.28.2010

Abundant Goodness

I doubt I’ll have time to post again before I leave this beautiful country. So I’ve been wondering… how does one sum up four months of living in a new country, learning to trust God in a new way, and seeing him work in my life and in the lives around me?

I have no earthly idea.

But there’s one thing I do know, now more than ever, that Jesus is worth any sacrifice, any risk, that we take. His worth exceeds anything we can give in this life.

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ. Phil 3.8


Also, this world is not my home. I am a traveler, a stranger here. The things I’ve learned while I’m away have given me a new perspective on returning to the states.

… having acknowledged that they were stranger and exiles on this earth. Heb 11.13

We shall not cease from exploration
And at the end of our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
T.S. Eliot



Those who live a life of risking for Jesus, of wandering on this earth and longing for home, have unspeakable joy waiting for them. He is our prize. Let us run our race well.

You have made known to me the path of life;
In your presence is fullness of joy;
At your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Psalm 16.11

Oh how abundant is your goodness,
which you have stored up for those who fear you.
Psalm 31.19

1 comment:

  1. Amen and Amen! Worthy to be praised every moment of my life!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Little Rock, AR, United States
I want to learn how to love as I have been loved.

Followers